Integral Health Plan
Introduction
Integral health is an essential part of health and wellness. As professionals, we should embrace all aspects of integral health and heal ourselves. We need to be connected to the teachings of integral health so we can help a patient or client use the same tools. If our spiritual, psychological or physical self is not fully developed toward the benefits of integral health, it is difficult to help someone improve. Developing these areas give you firsthand knowledge of the benefits, can offer as a guide for over-coming struggles and the feeling of accomplishment. I need to focus on all areas and continue improve. I feel confident that I am on the right path by integrating aspects from our class. I have worked on meditation and will continue. I have adjusted my nutrition plan and am working on a physical activity regime to get myself back. Working spirituality will be a continuous effort. I continue to use exercises to calm my mind enough to hear what I am really saying.
Assessment
This assessment proved to be a tough one. I know that I have improved in these three areas over the last 10 weeks, but still have work to do. Dr. Dacher discusses evolutionary steps as part of the 5 parts of integral health. (Dacher, 2006) I feel I have done this relatively well. Using the meditation tools as a start, I was able to understand why is helps improve health. It is almost like a restart button to a very busy day. It helped my calm my judgments and realize sooner that we all have things going on. I am handling the day to day stressors with more grace. Overall, I rate my psychological self at a 7. The spiritual ties in with this, but is lower since I have some work to do in this domain. I will rate myself at a 5. Basically it is practice that is needed. I need to continue with the pieces I know and expand them out to continue to broaden my tools. Physically I am at a 6. I rate myself here because I was broken before starting this class. I held on to bad habits that were not productive and exchanged them for healthier options. As I said earlier, I have improved my nutrition intake and my activity. I have made it a priority, when I haven’t in the past. I think the biggest step is taking the first step and continuing to walk the right path. Don’t turn around to see what you missed, especially if it is bad habits. Just keep moving. I am excited to meet the new me in few months.
Goal Development
Physically I am going to increase my physical activity to reduce my stress even further. I think for me I need to keep it fun, light and energetic. Dancing is a good one as well as playing outside with kids. Even though my schedule is crazy right now, I need to insert these things into my day. Spiritually and psychologically I am going to continue to meditate. What a great way to distress, listen to your mind and just clear your head. Additionally I want to continue to blog. No one has to be a fan of it, I just like the outlet and it lets me be me.
Practices for personal health
A strategy I will use to increase my physical health is the power of telling someone. If I tell someone I am going to do it, it helps me stay on track. My friend and I keep each other in check. The other strategy is putting a picture of my soon to be diploma saying I am a graduate of the Health and Wellness program. This will help me focus and stay the course. The activities I am going to use are increase walking time and speed and more play time. The next strategy to grow spiritually is to continue meditation and to seek teachings from other health and wellness programs. I haven’t fully committed, but would like begin using yoga. Psychologically, my strategy is to learn all I can. Learning helps keep me involved and helps foster stronger mental health. I may consider seeking guidance from a life coach or counselor to continue my progress.
Commitment
I will assess my progress in the next six months or more by my preparedness. My family has been supportive and is willing to give me great feedback. I will work with them to discuss these domains and help them grow. They will be honest and tell me that I need to have more expertise in the subject and it will help me circle back to the area I need to improve in. Really I think that maintaining this practice is a desire to help people and improve their lives. My core values urge me forward to give them the best I can offer, so improvement is natural. Other strategies are checking in with a like professional to bounce ideas around and learn from them. Having a mentor is a great way to have a checks and balance for integral health.
No comments:
Post a Comment